Route 66 Quick Reference Encyclopedia
The Route 66 Quick Reference Encyclopedia your A-to-Z guide to the best of the Mother Road! In one handy volume, novices and seasoned roadies alike have fast and easy access to all of the essential information about America's most famous, beloved, and culturally-significant highway.
Author: Drew Knowles
Travel / Modern Culture
Paperback, 208 pages, 4.25 x 8.0 in
Impress friends and roadies alike with your knowledge of the Mother Road! Order it from our Online Store
The Route 66 Quick Reference Encyclopedia is the essential reference for every bona-fide Route 66 devotee. It includes:
- A brief "introduction" to Route 66 and its history
- A set of unique orientation maps with custom icons pinpointing important attractions
- More than 400 terms defined, including people, places—and even roadbuilding and other technical terms—essential to an understanding of Route 66's place in America's highway system and lore
- Hundreds of photographs and other illustrations
- A supplemental list of resources for the truly voracious Roadie who needs to know even more
- Foreword by Susan Croce Kelly, co-author of Route 66: The Highway and Its People.
The Route 66 Quick Reference Encyclopedia is truly and A-to-Z guide to the Best of what Route 66 has to offer.
From the Foreword
The Route 66 Quick Reference Encyclopedia is an invaluable tool for both the casual traveler and the serious student of
the World That Is Route 66. . . . It's the kind of book that should be part of every trip down Route 66, whether that trip is by car or by
~ Susan Croce Kelly, author of Route 66: The Highway and Its People